Apple Cinnamon Omelette
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2-1 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
- 1 red apple, cut into 4 large chunks
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. In a blender, combine protein powder, egg whites, almond milk, 2 apple chunks and cinnamon. Blend on low until well combined. Add more almond milk if needed.
2. Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour mixture onto skillet and allow to cook about 2-3 minutes until begins to bubble.
3. Shred or grate one of the large apple pieces. Place onto one side of omelette. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and fold over other side of omelette to cover grated apple.
4. Allow to cook another 2 minutes. Dice remaining apple piece into 1/2 inch cubes and microwave for one minute. Garnish with warm apple pieces, additional cinnamon, and dark chocolate.
* This recipe is so delicious. I love adding fruit to my omelette. Try adding other ingredients like honey, pure maple syrup, nutmeg or even garnish with your favorite yogurt!