Baked Hummus and Spinach Dip
- 3 cups canned chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put chickpeas with 1/2 cup of their liquid (or water) in a blender.
2. Add garlic, oil tahini and sprinkle salt and pepper. Puree 1-2 minutes until mixture is smooth. Add more liquid or tahini until smooth.
3. Transfer puree to medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly. Add lemon juice. Adjust taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
4. Place spinach in food processor and pulse until shredded.
5. Combine 1/2 of hummus mixture, 1/2 of cheese and spinach in small casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes. Serve with pita, crackers and veggies.
* This recipe is great because in the end you have your very own hummus and your hummus and spinach dip! Try adding roasted red peppers, garlic, pesto, chopped nuts, cumin, chili, or curry for different flavors.