Baked Ratatouille Boats
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Scoop balls of flesh from the center of the zucchini to create boats. Reserve the flesh balls. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, eggplant and zucchini balls. Cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring until mixture is thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
3. Fill zucchini shells with the ratatouille. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese is melter and shells are softened, about 10-15 minutes.
* I've added ingredients like crispy turkey bacon, extra garlic, and cayenne pepper to these boats. No matter what, they come out amazing!