Banana Nut French Toast
- 2 egg whites
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- pure maple syrup
- 7 toasted pecans
1. Spray Large skillet with olive oil spray. Place pecans on skillet and heat on medium heat. Leave pecans in pan while cooking to toast.
2. In a shallow bowl combine egg whites, almond milk, and cinnamon.
3. Heat 1/2 of banana in microwave for 30 seconds if needs to be softened. Mash with a fork and add to egg white mixture. Mix well. Dice other half of banana and set aside.
4. Let bread soak in mixture about one minute on each side and place on skillet. Let cook about one minute until edges are golden brown. Flip and repeat with remaining slices.
5. Slice french toast in half and top with bananas, toasted pecans and drizzle maple syrup.
* This recipe is out of this world and is a must try! I found it on instagram from @bringing_fit. I suggest using whole wheat, whole grain or rye bread.