Black Bean Burger
- 2 14oz cans black beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or oat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325. While oven is preheating, drain and rinse beans. Lay out on baking sheet. Pat dry and let sit for 15-20 mins.
2. Saute olive oil, chopped peppers and onions over medium heat until soft. 6-8 minutes.
3. Place into a large mixing bowl and add in chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and eggs. Mix well.
4. Add in black beans and continue to mix. Smash with fork or place 1/3 of the mixture into a blender or food processor to soften and mix mixture even more. be sure to leave some larger chunk. Pour mixture into another mixing bowl and then add in the next 1/3 to blender. Continue until all of mixture is blended. (You can put all of the mixture in at once if you have a food processor or large blender.)
5. Form mixture into patties- Making about 5-6.
6. Place patties onto parchment paper and bake 10 mins each side. Broil for an extra minute on each side to make it a little crispy.
Serve on your favorite whole grain bun and add in your favorite toppings!