Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad with Broccoli
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
1. Cook Quinoa according to package.
2. While Quinoa is cooking, make buffalo sauce by combining extra virgin olive oil, hot sauce and salt.
3. Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to medium sized skillet and heat over medium heat. Saute broccoli for 5 minutes so it is still crispy. Remove from pan and set aside. Add chicken pieces to same pan and cook until cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce and cooke until sauce is absorbed by chicken.
4. When quinoa is done, combine with chicken, broccoli, onion, blue cheese, carrots, and as much as remaining buffalo sauce as desired.
5. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.