Cajun Shrimp "Fried" Rice
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 4-5 almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 10 pieces frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 cup mixed veggies (Frozen or canned blends of peas, corn, carrots, green beans)
- pinch of chili powder
- pinch or curry powder
1. Cook rice according to package. While rice is cooking, thaw frozen shrimp in cool water. Cook veggies according to package. (canned- heat in microwave, frozen- boil in water 10-12 mins)
2. Lightly spray skillet with olive oil coking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 8-10 minutes. Add pinch of chili and curry powder to shrimp.
3. In a separate small non-stick skillet, scramble egg.
4. Place brown rice in a bowl and mix with soy sauce. Add egg and veggies. Top with shrimp, almond pieces and sesame seeds.
* Okay, so it's not FRIED Rice, but this recipe is a perfect alternative when craving takeout. Try with soba noodles for an even more twist!