Cheesy Quinoa Bake with Broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 tbsp grassf-ed butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup fat free milk or almond milk
- 6oz low-fat shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- dash crushed red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook Quinoa according to package.
2. Melt butter in large skillet. Add flour, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and let simmer for 5 minutes until it thickens. Add cheese and continue mixing.
3. Cook broccoli in skillet or in boiled wated. Toss broccoli, quinoa and cheese mixture together and transfer to baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
* Add chicken or shrimp to make this a main course for lunch or dinner. I got this recipe from multipurposemama.com and adjusted it a little bit.