Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven o 350 degrees and lightly spray muffin pan with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking sda.
3. Add bananas, vanilla, oil, egg, almond milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well blended.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter evenly into muffin pan using table spoon. (About 2 scoops each will make about 6 good sized muffins. Use fewer scoops to make smaller muffins) Bake about 22-23 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes and enjoy! Store in air tight container, lasts about 5-7 days. Refrigerator of freeze to last longer.
* These are great for snacks, desserts, or even breakfast. Bake, store and then grab when on the go! Try adding natural almond butter on top or topping with PB2 chocolate for a more "desserty" muffin! Warm-up and add just a little butter for breakfast or try adding protein powder for a protein packed breakfast or port-workout snack!