Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 scoop chocolate quest protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk plus protein
- 2 tbsp organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 50g unsweetened cooking chocolate
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sliced almonds.
1. Place chocolate in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 min increments until melted.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well. Add almond milk and continue to mix until well combined.
3. Divide mixture into 6 even chunks. Take one chunk and kneed together with hands to form an oval ball. Place on cutting board or counter and use hands to flatten out into desired shape. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Dip each bar into melted chocolate to cover and place on wax paper. Use spatula to cover any missed spots. Sprinkle with additional shredded coconut. Place in freezer for 30 minutes, then move to refrigerator and keep up to 1 week!
*Tip: Keeping your hands a little damp will help with flattening out the mixture and prevent it from sticking to you. I will rise my hands between each chunk and wipe them until they are slightly damp. Dipping bars in the chocolate may become complicated because the chocolate hardens over time, I recommend using a spatula to spread the chocolate on top and on the sides.
* If you don't have two different types of protein, that's okay try using two scoops of the one you have. I like Quest protein for cooking because it is 0g fat!
1 Protein Bar