Coconut Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut up into 2-3 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil spray. In a small bowl, crack 2 eggs and mix to combine whites and yolk.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, coconut, salt, ginger and grated cheese.
3. Dip cubes of chicken in eggs first and then in coconut mixture. Toss to cover chicken completely in mixture. Repeat with remainder cubes of chicken and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven 15-20 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes for crispier nuggets.
* This recipe is great when craving those pesky chicken nuggets. Such a healthy alternative especially for you moms out there who go to frozen unhealthy nuggets.