Country Style Spareribs
- 4 lbs. pork spareribs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Heat over medium high heat in large skillet. Brown on all sides.
3. Place half of onion and green peppers on bottom of slow cooker. Place half of ribs on top of vegetables. Repeat layering with remaining vegetables and ribs.
4. In a medium bowl, stir tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce. Pour on top of ribs.
5. Cook on high 1 hour. Reduce to low and cook 8-9 hours.