- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 eggplants, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 24oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 lb. part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Beat together egg, egg whites and water.
2. Dip eggplant slices into egg, then breadcrumbs.
3. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on each side.
4. Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce to cover bottom of 9x13" baking dish. Place a single layer of egg plant slices in sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Repeat with sauce, eggplant and cheese once more. End with layer of sauce and cheese.
5. Bake for 35 minutes.
* I made this for the first time the other day and can't believe I haven't been making it sooner. I had the eggplant with a side of Quinoa pasta. It was so good.