Homemade Healthy Tuna Sushi Roll
- 1 sheet sushi nori seaweed
- 1/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 50g canned tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cut into long strips
- 1/8 avocado, cut into long strips
- 2 tbsp lite soy sauce
1. Place seaweed sheer on a plate or bamboo sushi roller. Spread cooked brown rice over the sheet evenly except the top 1 inch. Leave this 1 inch clear of ingredients.
2. Place tuna, avocado and cucumber in the middle of the sheet. Lightly wet 1 inch top of sheet with water.
3. Start with side closest to you that has rice and other ingredients on it. Begin tightly rolling towards other side. Make sure last 1 inch is still damp and close roll. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Pour soy sauce over rolls or use for dipping.
* Try adding ingredients to fit your taste! Other veggies such as carrots, spinach, and peppers taste great. Like a thicker roll? Add more brown rice. Like it spicy? Top with spicy mustard and dash some ground ginger over it for an even more sushi experience!