Lighter Sesame Chicken and Rice
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt to taste
1. Prepare rice according to package. Meanwhile, combine honey, sesame seeds, soy sauce and garlic in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Ina a separate bowl, add egg white. Season chicken with salt and add to egg white. Toss evenly to coat.
3. In a small sauce pan, steam broccoli until tender, set aside.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove skillet from heat. Add prepared sauce and onions, toss to combine. Stir in broccoli.
5. Scoop mixture into bowl over cooked rice.
*Found this recipe from a blog called Iowa Girl Eats. Adjusted it a little to my liking, very tasty!