Maple Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- Salt to taste
1. Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Cut each sausage in half lengthwise and then dice each slice. Add sausage to skillet and brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
3. Add olive oil to skillet and drop heat to medium. Add sweet potatoes and onions. Season with salt and saute until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Add sausage and drizzle in maple syrup. Toss to combine and saute 1-2 minutes.
* This is one of my all time favorite recipes. It is so good and I can eat it for days! I love making a big batch and keeping some in the refrigerator. Great for lunch or dinner! Enjoy!