- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 10-12 frozen, cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup organic black beans
- 1/4 cup pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 avocado, diced (optional)
1. Cook brown rice according to package. (bring rice and 1 cup water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until water evaporates)
2. Lightly spray 2 large skillets with olive oil spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Place thawed shrimp onto one skillet and season with cajun seasoning or curry and chili pepper. Cook about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place diced onion and peppers onto other skillet. Heat over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low and add corn, mushrooms, beans, and tomatoes. Cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Mix brown rice and vegetable mixture. Top with shrimp, feta and avocado.
* Makes about 2 servings. You can also top with fat free sour cream or even throw the mixture on a wrap for a a yummy mexican style treat!