No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
2. Let chill in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
3. Once chilled, rolle into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
* Makes 20-25 balls. These are great for a pre or post workout snack! Substitute almond butter, sunflower seed butter for peanut butter. Substitute chopped dried fruits (apricots, dates, raisins) or dried berries (cranberries, cherries) chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds. The ones pictured have orange in them from using pumpkin spice morsels instead of regular chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!