Pan-Seared Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, stems cut of and halved
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil, brussel sprouts and cranberries in skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
2. Remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir to coat. Add pecans and mix well.
* This is a great side dish for those who usually don't like greens. The added ingredients give the brussel sprouts a different flavor and texture. You can even add cheese on top at the end!