Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 lb. ground turkey, browned and excess fat drained
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 16oz jar pasta sauce
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 1 box large elbow pasta (grain or wheat)
- parmesan cheese
1. Put browned mean into slow cooker. Add the chopped carrots and onions. Mix well.
2. Add the beans, tomatoes, pasta sauce and mix.
3. Pour in broth and season with salt, oregano and tabasco sauce. Stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
5. When veggies are tender, stir in pasta.
6. Cover and cook on low another hour. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
* The slow cooke works wonders and this is one of them. So little work for a delicious meal. Makes plenty for leftovers all week for you busy bees!