Peanut Butter Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 1 scoop (31g) Quest Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 scoop (31g) Whey Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Amp)
- 50g organic coconut flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk Plus Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25g organic dark cooking chocolate
- 30g milled flaxseeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 8x8 square baking dish with olive oil.
2. Mix all dry ingredients except for the cooking chocolate in a medium bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl and combine wet and dry ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool about 15 minutes. Using a butter knife, make 5 long slices, then turn and make another slice in the middle to make 10 bars.
6. Remove bars from pan and place on wax or parchment paper. Place cooking chocolate in microwavable safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Then 30 seconds at a time until chocolate has completely melted.
7. Using a spatula, spread melted chocolate on top of each bar. Place bars on parchment paper in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
8. Transfer to tupperware container and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
* These are absolutely amazing. Whether you like pumpkin or PB or dislike either these are great because the flavors are not overwhelming! High in protein and great for a post or pre workout snack! Try adding extra pumpkin or more PB if you prefer more flavor! Great for on the go, for kids or any occasion. Perfect for any time of year!
Makes 10 bars
Per serving: 1 bar