Pumpkin Oat Power Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Whisk egg and egg white together in large bowl. Add banana and mash with fork in the eggs. Add pumpkin and continue mashing to combine.
2. Add almond milk. Mix well. Add chia seeds and cinnamon, continue mixing. Add oats and mix well.
3. Spray medium skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium high heat. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup and scoop pumpkin mixture onto skillet. Cook until sides begin to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook another 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
* These had a rough start and were a little messy to make. When I started this recipe, it didn't include the oats. The pancakes would just fall apart and turn into a sauce. I added the oats before starting the next pancake and this kept them together a little more. By the third pancake I got the hang of it. Keep the pancakes on the smaller side to make it easier to flip. They come out delicious!