Pumpkin Spice Protein Cookies
- 2 cups Rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1 scoop Chocolate or Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Pumpkin Spice Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 can (15oz) Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries (or raisins)
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, protein powder, spices and baking powder. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, mix pumpkin puree and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Stir in pumpkin seeds, cranberries and chia seeds.
4. Using a large spoon, drop large scoops onto baking sheet and press into cookie shape using the back of the spoon. (they will not spread during baking)
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges start to brown. Be careful not to overcook. Let cool 5-10 minutes. Makes 14-15 good sized cookies.
Makes 15 cookies
5.5 g fat
20 mg cholesterol
77 mg sodium
35 mg potassium
13.8 g carbohydrates
2.9 g fiber
3.5 g sugar
7.8 g protein