Quinoa Spinach Bake
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 lb. baby spinach
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup greek plain yogurt
- 1 large eggs lightly beaten
- salt to taste
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Coat 8x8 baking dish with baking spray and coat with sesame seeds.
2. Fill large bowl with ice and water and set aside. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add spinach. Blanch until bright green (8-10 seconds). transfer hot spinach to ice bath to cool for about 30 seconds. Remove and drain water. Set aside spinach on paper towel.
3. Heat olive oil in medium skiller. Add onion, garlic, thyme and chili powder. Saute until translucent, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to medium sized bowl.
4. Add spinach, cooked quinoa, yogurt, eggs and salt to onion mixture. Mix well to combine. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Bake until golden brown, 60 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, slice and and serve warm.