Roasted Butternut Squash with Green Apples and Walnuts
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, sliced in 3/4 inch cubes
- 3 green apples, sliced into 3/4 pieces
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place squash and apple pieces in baking dish.
3. Whisk together olive oil, syrup and drizzle on squash and apple pieces.
4. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes until squash is tender. Stirring every 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with salt and top with walnuts.