Simply Baked Chicken Broccoli Mac n Cheese
- 1.5 lbs whole wheat pasta of choice
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced into 1" cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups broccoli
- 12 oz organic tomato sauce, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil spray and place chicken breasts in oven for 15 minutes. Once cooked, chop chicken into cubes.
2. While chicken is cooking, bring 2 large pots of water to a boil and cook broccoli, about 10 minutes, and cook pasta according to package. Once cooked, place both in strainers to drain water.
3. Place chicken cubes, broccoli, and pasta in a large bowl and mix together. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and mix to combine evenly.
4. In a separate small bowl, mix grated parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
5. Pour tomato sauce in a small sauce pan and heat over low-heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Lightly spray 9x11 baking dish with olive oil spray. Pour pasta mixture into dish and cover with bread crumb mixture. Add extra shredded cheese on top if desired. Bake for 10 minutes. Broil for an additional 2 minutes on low for more of a crust. Top with tomato sauce.
* This recipe is so easy to make and doesn't take much time at all since everything can be cooked at once. Make a nice big dinner for pasta night OR keep for leftovers for quick lunches and dinners during the week!