Three-Cheese Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 4oz softened light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 5 jalapenos, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring until browned and toasted, about 3 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, white cheddar, sharp cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the filling into each jalapeno cavity. Place on baking sheet, cavity side up. Bake 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately, sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.