Three Cheese Penne
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 24oz jar, no added sugar, pasta sauce
- 1 12oz package penne pasta
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook Penne according to package.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender, 3 minutes.
3. Turn heat down to medium low and add entire jar of pasta sauce to skillet. Stir.
4. Drain pasta and add to skillet.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Add parsley and oregano.
6. Lightly spray 9x13 baking dish with olive oil spray. Add 1/2 pasta mixture, then spread all of cheese mixture evenly on top. Next, layer remaining past. Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
* I got this recipe from skinnymom.com. This came out awesome. They have so many great recipes on there!