Three Cheese Ziti with Turkey
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 24oz jar marinara, no sugar added
- 4 cups cooked ziti or penne shells
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
1. Cook pasta according to package. 2 1/2 cups dry shells usually makes 4 cups cooked.
2. In a large skillet, add ground turkey, diced onion, minced garlic and cayenne pepper.
3. Cook over medium high heat breaking up the meat as you go. Cook until brown.
4. Drain any fat from turkey and add entire har of marinara sauce, stir. Add cooked Ziti to turkey and marinara.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. In a large mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, ricotta, and oregano.
7. In a large casserole dish or 9x13 pan, add 1/2 of turkey mixture and top with 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat with other half.
8. Cook uncovered for for approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
20 mg cholesterol
228 mg sodium