Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 6 bell peppers (slice tops off, scoop out seed and membrane)
- 1 24oz jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Add 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, egg, tomato paste and ground turkey. Mix well.
3. Using the turkey mixture, evenly stuff the peppers and place in slow cooker.
4. Pour marinara over peppers, add water to marinara jar, swirl around and pour over the peppers.
5. Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
6. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.