- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 10oz mushrooms, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 14oz cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans) drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, carrots and mushrooms until onions turn brown and carrots soften.
2. Add garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin and stir 1 minute.
3. Add the turkey, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until meat browns, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 15 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes with their juices and beans. Simmer uncovered and stir occasionally until chili thicken, about 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with shredded cheese, plain greek yogurt, avocado, guacamole or cornbread.
*Can also be cooked in slow cooker. Place all ingredients in cooker and cook on low 6 hours.