Tuscan Spinach Braid
- 1 8oz can pillsbury crescent creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1/3 cup refrigerated black olive tapenade
- 1 9oz box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed, squeeze to drain
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3/4 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in oil, well drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll dough. Place on cookie sheet. Press into 12x9 rectangle.
2. Spread tapenade in 3 inch wide strips lengthwise down center of dough leaving 1 inch edge on both ends. Layer spinach evenly over tapenade. Top with cheese then layer with tomatoes.
3. With sharp knife, make diagonal cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips diagonally over filling. Turn ends of braid up and press to seal. You should still be able to see some of the filling on top.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg with water and brush on top of braid.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes and cut into slices.
* I saw this on pillsbury.com. It makes an amazing appetizer to bring to any gathering and will certainly wow anyone who looks at it or tries it!