Whole Wheat Pizza
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- organic pizza sauce
- light mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Add water and honey and mix well. Set aside to let dough rise 20-30 minutes.
3. Knead dough for 1-2 minutes. Break dough into 2 halves and place on large baking sheet. using your hands, press dough into pan to spread into 2 small pizza crusts. (or keep halves together to create one large crust) Spread out until desired size.
4. Place sheet in oven for 5 minutes to create a base. Remove from oven and add desired toppings. (Pizza Sauce, cheese, veggies, meat)
5. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
* This recipe is just a base and I kept the ingredients short and vague because you can create so many different pizza's with it. Pictured is 2 tbsp pizza sauce, 1/2 small onion diced, 2 handfuls spinach chopped, 4-6 small chopped mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and ground chicken. This makes enough for 2 small personal pizzas or one large pizza. I also like to add a few spices into the dough like oregano for an even more pizza flavor!
* Also, I recommend using your hands to spread out the dough because the dough itself is a little sticky, but whole wheat dough is very difficult to roll itself and to use on a roller you need to add all-purpose flour, which you can do but I tend to like mine the cleanest!