- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, sliced very thin
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 8 oz shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- black pepper
- italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, pour olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the dish with sliced zucchini, spread a layer of tomatoes and a layer of onions.
2. Top with 1/2 of sliced basil, italian seasoning and pepper. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat: zucchini, tomatoes, onions, seasonings and cheese.
3. Bake about 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
* This recipe came out ah-mazing! I made three layers with the ingredients instead of 2. I love zucchini and it's so healthy for you! Definitely making this instead of regular old lasagna from now on.