Banana Nut Stuffed French Toast
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tbsp natural almond or peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- fruit for topping
- pure maple syrup or honey for topping
1. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, mix egg, egg whites, almond milk and cinnamon.
2. Take 2 slices of bread and spread almond butter on one side of each. Take 1/2 of banana, slice into coins and place in between two slices of bread to make a sandwich.
3. Dip one side of sandwich into egg mixture and let sit for a few seconds. Flip to coat other side and place on skillet. Cook each side about 2 minutes.
4. Repeat with other slices of bread, 1/2 banana, and almond butter.
* This recipe was so delicious! This was my first attempt at making a stuffed french toast so I kept it simple. I topped it with left over banana coins and strawberries. Try with different fruits for toppings and fillings! Blueberries, strawberries, bananas, kiwi! It hardly needs maple syrup because it was so flavorful on its own! Use any bread you like. Need a bread recipe? Click here.