Roasted Broccoli-Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut up into small bite sized pieces
- 2-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/8 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- kayla's dressing or any preferred homemade dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook Quinoa according to package.
2. Heat olive oil in oven proof skillet on high heat. Add broccoli and garlic. Stir about 1-2 minutes.
3. Place whole skillet in oven for 8 minutes. While in the oven, make dressing if not already made.
4. Take skillet out of the oven and add kale. Place back on burner and heat on low until kale wilts. Add kale/broccoli mixture to quinoa. Mix well.
5. Add almonds and dressing. Mix until well combined.
* This recipe is so delicious. I love the taste the almonds give when mixed with quinoa. You can also add chicken to make this a meal, just add chicken breasts to the skillet in the second step and cooke along with everything else!