- 1/2 block tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can organic black kidney beans
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 palmful cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- dash of cumin powder
1. Heat nonstick pan on medium heat and add oil. Saute onions and garlic for a couple minutes and add tofu.
2. Mix in salt, cayenne, cumin and pepper. Leave to lightly brown for 8-10 minutes.
3. Flip with spatula so both sides are brown. Add in soy sauce and cilantro. Leave for 5 minutes to brown. Stir.
4. Once golden brown, add tomatoes and beans to pan. Turn heat to medium-low and cover with lid. Leave to cook 15-20 minutes.
* This recipe is wonderful because you can have it for dinner or even a snack. Serve it with whole grain tortilla chips, guacamole, etc. OR with brown rice and Quinoa. ;) Recipe from @nourishmeveggie
*This was my first tofu recipe. The only tofu I've had before this was in miso soup. It came out so good and I'm now a huge fan! Definitely going to try some more tofu recipes. Keep an eye out on my site for more to come!